Our name spells out our mission. Our SignatureScripts™ professionals understand each member and SignatureScripts client has specific needs. SignatureScripts offers what you should expect from your pharmacy benefits manager:
- A national pharmacy network including 98% of all retail chain and independent pharmacies in the U.S.
- Clinical knowledge to support your benefit design decisions
- Aggressive drug pricing
All questions related to your SignatureScripts™ pharmacy benefits are important – to get the most of your benefits for the good health of you and your family. If you can’t find an answer on this website, give us a call. We’ll get you the information you need. Your employer has provided you an excellent pharmacy benefit. We will help you use it wisely to get and stay healthy.
Many people use their prescription benefit more often than any other part of their health coverage. It’s such an important part of your healthcare that it pays to take a few minutes to understand how to use them wisely.
Getting your prescription filled
- You can get your prescription conveniently filled using your SignatureScripts benefits at any participating retail pharmacy OR
- If your SignatureScripts plan design includes mail order benefits, you can refill your prescriptions through the SignatureScripts mail order program
Getting Your Prescription Filled at a Pharmacy
Five Simple Steps
- Find a convenient participating network pharmacy – this should be easy – 98% of all the independent and chain pharmacies in the U.S. participate in the SignatureScripts network. To find a pharmacy near you, click here, or call our dedicated customer service representatives at 800.455.4460.
- At the pharmacy, present your prescription along with your ID card.
- Make sure that the pharmacist has accurate information about you and your covered dependents including dates of birth and gender.
- Your pharmacist will submit your claim to SignatureScripts to determine your coverage and copay - if you have one - and dispense your prescription.
- If given the choice, always ask for a generic to get the best available cost.
Day Supply Limit
Your benefit design determines the number of days supply of medicine you will receive each time you have a prescription filled at a retail pharmacy. Check the benefit information provided by your employer, or call SignatureScripts at 800.455.4460 if you want to check the number of days supply provided by your specific benefit design.
A refill limit may apply to you. Please check your benefit materials or contact our customer service who can assist you. Our online contact form is here
and our telephone is 800.455.4460.
SignatureScripts Participating Retail Pharmacies
’ retail program includes over 59,000 participating pharmacies nationwide, including more than 20,000 independent community pharmacies. Using a participating retail pharmacy is generally more convenient and less expensive. Participating pharmacies can easily submit your pharmacy claim. You will not need to file any additional paperwork when you use a SignatureScripts
participating retail pharmacy. To find a retail pharmacy near you, click here
, or call our dedicated customer service representatives at 800.455.4460.
Getting Your Prescription Filled Through the SignatureScripts Mail Service Program
SignatureScripts mail service pharmacies provide a convenient and cost-effective way for you to order medicine you’ll be taking for a long time. If your SignatureScripts benefit design includes mail order, follow these steps to make sure you have a continuous supply.
Five Simple Steps
- Let your doctor know you would prefer a generic.
- Ask for two prescriptions: one for a long-term supply as defined by your coverage; the other for immediate use. Have the short-term prescription filled at a participating retail pharmacy.
- Complete a mail service order form and send it to Caremark, our mail service pharmacy, along with your original long-term prescription. To get a mail order form, click here, or call 800.455.4460.
- The first time your order a new prescription, you can expect your medicine to arrive approximately 14 calendar days after Caremark receives your order. You will receive a new mail service order form and pre-addressed envelope with each shipment.
- If you plan requires payment, include your payment when you place your order.
Day Supply Limit
Your benefit design determines the number of days supply of medicine you will receive through the SignatureScripts mail service pharmacy. Check the benefit information provided by your employer, or call SignatureScripts at 800.455.4460 if you want to check the number of days supply provided by your specific benefit design.
Please note: By law, we must fill your prescription for the exact quantity of medication prescribed by your doctor, up to the 90-day supply limit. "30-days plus 2 refills" does not equal one prescription written for "90-days."
While checks and money orders are accepted, the preferred method of payment is by credit card. For credit card payments, simply include your VISA, Discover, MasterCard or American Express number and expiration date in the space provided on the mail service order form.
Convenient Home Delivery
You can expect your medicine to arrive 14 calendar days after we receive your prescription for your initial order. After the first fill of your maintenance medication, refills will be sent within 1-2 days. Your package will include a new mail service order form. You will also receive the same type of information about your prescribed medicine that you would receive from a retail pharmacy.
If you transfer your prescription to another pharmacy
Contact a SignatureScripts participating retail pharmacy and tell the pharmacist where your prescription is currently on file. If possible, have your prescription bottle with you when you make the call so you can answer any questions. The pharmacist will contact your old pharmacy and make the transfer for you. When you pick up the prescription, bring your benefit information so that the pharmacist can verify coverage. You can get your prescription filled using your SignatureScripts benefits in two convenient ways:
- At any participating retail pharmacy
- Through the SignatureScripts mail order program
Contact Customer Service
- Call our customer service at 800.455.4460 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST
- Fax to 614.566.0403
- Or contact us online here
Click here, then enter SignatureScripts as your product name.
Click here to view the SignatureScripts Primary Drug List.
Note: In general, if your coverage includes a formulary, all generic medications are considered Tier 1 medications and therefore require a Tier 1 copayment. All other brand name medications not found on the SignatureScripts Drug List will require a Tier 3 copayment.